Thursday, May 24, 2012

Crack Berry Salad

Can't.  Stop.  Eating.  This.


About a month ago I bought this bag of wheat berries, just grabbed 'em, no reason, didn't know what I'd make with them, just seemed like a good idea at the time.  They sat in my pantry for far too long, teasing me from their dark shelf, so I took the first step and soaked these babies in water over night, then cooked 'em in chicken broth and let them sit in my fridge for a day, still totally bewildered as to what to create.  I gave Henry a bite before cooling them off and he said, "They're not very good, right Mamma?"  Right, Henry. 

Until I added...
  • Organic dried cranberries
  • Chopped walnuts
  • Diced red onion
  • Chopped parsley
  • Fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Red wine vinegar
  • Salt and pepper
Then my husband took a bite and said, "This is like crack."

Mix and eat cold, (don't smoke it)


Super duper good.  Henry still didn't care to try it, but the numerous amount of people who traipse through our house will be fighting over the leftovers all day tomorrow.  New.  Fave.  Dish.   

No comments:

Post a Comment