Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Just an Average Morning at Chez Burns


Green Smoothie...



Every morning, this is what my family puts into their tummies, as well as house guests that happen to be staying with us at any given time, you know who you are, Jen!  I personally think it's absolutely delicious, most guests agree, and some, well, they "choke it down."  One thing you cannot disagree with though is it's 100% healthy, and definitely gets things... how shall I say this...... moooooooving.  Which, whether you like to discuss such matters or not, is imperative to your good health. 

On the face.


ENTER (drum roll, please.....) THE VITAMIX!

Chock Full o' Goodness
This little gem is a HUGE help in keeping my family healthy, and as I've begun to share with my friends and family, I've just become an affiliate for the company, so YOU'RE IN LUCK!  But first, let me tell you what's in this little concoction, then I'll try to sell ya.

I start with three scoops of Premier Greens and Lean-Body Whey protein from a wonderful company called Premier Research Labs, whose products are entirely excipient-free and full of safe nutrients and supplements.  Not necessary for this morning mix, but just what I like to include.

I vary my greens slightly each day, but on this particular morning, here are my ingredients:
  • Sliced, Fresh Ginger
  • Spinach
  • Celery
  • Basil
  • Cucumber (peeled)
  • Lemon (peeled)
  • Kale
  • Banana (peeled)
  • Carrot 
  • Frozen Pineapple

All the other ingredients listed are NOT peeled, just washed.  This thing pulverizes the whole enchilada, so you get all the nutrients in the foods you're drinking.

And voilĂ !

Ain't she a beaut?
It's really amazing what you can do with this machine.  I had been unofficially "selling" them to my friends and family, when finally, after the EIGHTH person bought one I thought, "I should be getting a commission!"  Of course thinking, "That'll never happen," because, well, I'm always slightly surprised when I get paid for anything.  (I'm currently in the process of changing that line of thinking!)  So I applied to the company, sent them my blog, and low and behold, they made me an affiliate.  It's pretty tough criteria, not just ANYone can become an affiliate, the qualifications are quite extensive, but I dream big.

So here's the deal.  See the flashy green and orange ad at the top of my blog?  Click on it and that'll take you right to the Vitamix website with my affiliate code already attached to it.  You can also call the company directly and give them my code, if you'd like to talk to a helpful sales person, they really are peachy over there at Vitamix.  (800) 848-2649, and my affiliate code is:  06-007015.  You get free shipping, which in the US is a $25 value, and in Canada $35, and I get...A NEW CAR!  There are a lot of options to buy, the Vitamix 5200 being the most popular one, but if the $449 price tag is too steep for you, they always offer refurbished models for $379.  That's what I purchased, and a year and half in, I'm, well, A SALESPERSON FOR THE COMPANY!  That's how much I love this appliance.  

It slices, it dices, it.... ok, it's not a Ronco product, but damn, I tell ya, you can make a whole lot with it.  You can quickly make hummus, almond butter, peanut butter, juices, sauces, soups, and it HEATS UP YOUR SOUPS.  That's right, just turn it on for 4-5 minutes, and out comes a piping hot, delicious, fresh soup.  Oh, and anything goes wrong?  You have a 7 year warranty.  AND THAT'S NOT ALL!  You also get this free Snuggie Blanket!  

(no you don't)  
But this part IS true, it's the easiest thing in the world to clean.  A lot of people ask me why they shouldn't just get a juicer.  Have you ever tried cleaning a juicer?  It's a royal pain in the ass, and enough to get you to never juice again.  This thing, you just squirt a tiny bit of dish soap in it with some water, and turn it back on for 30 seconds.  

(Uh, don't forget the top...)  Rinse and repeat.  

I hope you'll consider it, you won't be sorry, and either way, here's to good health!

Okay, I'm done with my big sales pitch, 
but here's one more image for you to marinate on:

"Won't you please help my mommy make a living?"







2 comments:

  1. I'm one of the fine people that bought a Vitamix on Leslie's recommendation. Got a refurbished one and couldn't be happier. I use it every day at least once, often more. It seems hard to go wrong when you throw ingredients in. My latest was blueberries, kale, green powder, almond milk, lemon, ginger, pear, apple. Delish. Made a carrot ginger salad dressing that rocks. Broccoli arugula soup was heavenly. Oh I could go on and on. By the way, I'm a total cheapskate but something in me knew that this was something I should invest in. I love it so much it's alarming.

    ReplyDelete